About the film
The movie explores what business leaders are looking for in an advisor. They ask the question: "What is the power of advice?"
Leading personalities from the hospitality industry delve into the importance of mentorship, listening skills, empathy and objectivity when getting and giving advice. The film follows 20 hospitality leaders through Hong Kong, London, New York and Las Vegas as they oversee their global organizations. During this journey the film revealed themes that include:
- Is it lonely at the top?
- Respecting that others have knowledge
- The role of intuition and gut in decision-making
- Recognising what you don't know
- The role of advice in teams and the quality of your people
- That you need to learn how to give advice
- That good advice makes you think and gain a perspective
- Telling the truth is absolutely essential
- The DNA of a good advisor